As an Oak Tree Grows by Brian Karas

Karas, G. Brian. As an Oak Tree Grows. New York: Penguin Group, 2014. 32p. 

On a sunny day, a young boy plants an acorn in the ground. Readers can watch the young tree grow into a magnificent oak in the depths of these colorful pages! Go back in time to 1775 and explore the world throughout 200 years as the tree sprouts and grows roots deep in the soil!  
        
This book is good for plant units or life cycle examples. Both students and teachers will love this story of a beautiful oak tree as they learn about a plant’s life cycle. This story is great for teaching young students about the weather and history too!

By guest bloggers Elena and Fielding, 4 Chaddock

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this book recommendation! I'm always looking for new ways to teach my students about the plant life cycle. I can't wait to check out the illustrations. :)Mrs. Moses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great summary Elena and Fielding! I will see if I can use this book as our first graders learn a little more about the weather, nice job. Mr. McIntosh

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great book for our second grade study of the plant life cycle. I think that I could also use it when we explore change over time in social studies. I can't wait to check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete