I’m My Own Dog by David Stein

Stein, David. I’m My Own Dog. Somerville: Candlewick Press, 2014. 32p.

In this book, a little dog is prideful and he thinks he can live without anyone. But there is something he notices that he can’t do all by himself. He is still prideful and acts like a boss, but something about him changes!

This is a highly recommended book for kids with a love of animals. It is a hilarious book for teacher read-alouds in kindergarten through first grade. It’s also great for teaching kids how to use punctuation as they read and write. It will give your students good writing ideas for their own stories too!   

By guest bloggers Carter and David, 4 Chaddock

2 comments:

  1. My students are learning how to use punctuation right now and I would love a fun book to help! This sounds like the perfect book for the job. -Ms. Langkammerer

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your review, I'm wondering how the dog will change? Also, what can't he do by himself? I'm looking forward to finding out the answers to my questions when I read this book based on your recommendation and writing! Thanks Carter and David! Mr. McIntosh

    ReplyDelete