An “A” from Miss Keller by Patricia Polacco

Polacco, Patricia. An “A” from Miss Keller. New York: Penguin Young Readers Group, 2015.

This is a great book about a girl named Trisha who is nervous about having one of the most strict teachers. Her teacher, Miss Keller, has never given any of her students A’s. Trisha is desperately trying her best on all of her assignments and is still not getting the best grades! Trisha faces a tragedy in her neighborhood during her troubles of getting an A. Will she ever get an A?  

This book will get an A from your students! It is perfect for teaching kids to be persistent. It is also a great book for teaching kids how to include more detail in their writing.  

By guest bloggers Kirsten and Naiya, 4 Chaddock

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book! I am always looking for new books to share with my class, and now I can't wait to share this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've pulled me right in! This sounds like there will be some suspense which I love in a great book. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Patricia Polacco, and I've never read this book! Thanks for your great summary (that left me wanting more)! I'm going to go check this book out right now (if it's not already checked out to someone else)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, a character education book that also helps students see the importance of adding details to their writing? I will definitely check this book out. Thank you for sharing your recommendation. -Mrs. Buchman

    ReplyDelete